Legacy of the fallen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for Fornax / Efficient Macro Use

2 posters

Go down

Request for Fornax / Efficient Macro Use Empty Request for Fornax / Efficient Macro Use

Post  Apop 2/9/2009, 00:02

Hi Fornacks

Could you please explain for Nadja, Thirrr and all other how to create these super macros.
The one i use at my Hero.

Apop

Back to top Go down

Request for Fornax / Efficient Macro Use Empty Re: Request for Fornax / Efficient Macro Use

Post  Fornax 3/9/2009, 17:55

The ones for switching between 1H/Shield and LW?
It'll be a long story about qbinds but I'll write a nice how-to.

>----
As a quicky I can refresh your memories on assistmacros:
In macrocreation you can use '%t' as a wildcard for the person you have -currently- targetted. It works like this:

You could make a macro like this:
/macro HERO /y Apopx is a Hero

You could also make it like this:
/macro HERO /y %t is a Hero
Now if you target Apopx and click on the macro you'll yell 'Apopx is a Hero'. If you target Arzu and click on the macro you'll yell 'Arzu is a Hero', which is obviously not true, he's a Nightshade.

A more usefull example would be a macro like:
/macro TARGET /g My target << %t >>
Now if you are the MA and target a pesky kobold that will translate to: 'My target << Kobold >>

Now if Apopx is the MA of your group you can assist him by making a macro like:
/macro ASSIST /assist Apopx
Now if later somebody else becomes the MA you have to type that again, with the new name.

Instead you can have a macro that creates the above ASSIST-macro for you for the player you have currently targetted:
/macro MA /macro ASSIST /assist %t
Now if you target Apopx and click this macro a new macro will be created and hanging on your mousepointer, you can drop that on your quickbar and you'll have the following macro created: /assist Apopx.

>-----

Stay tuned for more.

Fornax

Back to top Go down

Request for Fornax / Efficient Macro Use Empty Re: Request for Fornax / Efficient Macro Use

Post  Apop 4/9/2009, 00:45

You are truely the master of macros. I think Jan was quite impressed how I could change with your macro the weapons like 4 times within 1 sekond.
It would be very helpful for all to know
1. How to qbind
2. And maybe explain for Thirrr how your specific hero macros work

Tonight we went to kill mids in DF and it was so nice to first slam them and then spear them. Uthgard is the perfect Hero server. I just wonder when the numer of Heros will increase.

Apop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum